If you are trying your Wi-Fi booster setup then you will need to login into “myrepeater.net”. Now, over the time there have been multiple copies of this website who are trying to scam you. So, be cautious to login into the right or official website, or else you might get your data lost or even have to pay them extra money($$$).
So, today let us guide you the right way to setup your Wi-Fi Repeater using the myrepeater URL over the browser. So, first and foremost we need to understand which is the right and legitimate website for Wi-Fi repeater setup.
Official website for Myrepeater Setup?
Now, in order for you to reach the official setup page of your Wi-Fi repeater you will need to follow the given below steps. First, make sure your phone or laptop is connected to the Wi-Fi repeater’s SSID showing up in the Wi-Fi list. Next, open a browser, and in the URL or address bar type myrepeater.net and hit enter.
This will open up the official myrepeater Wi-Fi booster login page for you. There it will ask for a login username or password. Also, it will ask you to select the “Network Name” that you want to extend.
Recommended: How to connect the Fritz Router to Echo Show 8?
So, if the page you are on right now is asking for such information then you are on the right page. Otherwise, it is not the right page for you. So, close that website right now and follow the steps here that we tell you.
How To Setup Extender Using Myrepeater?
In this article, I will guide you from scratch on how to successfully setup your Wi-Fi booster using this URL. If you follow the steps thoroughly then your device will surely be configured. So, let’s begin-
- So, first and foremost make sure your router is all setup and you have its SSID and Password with you.
- Now, plug the Wi-Fi repeater in the same room as your router and wait until it gives you a stable power led. Now, depending on your repeater’s model number the power light can be green, amber, white, etc.
- Next, you will need to grab your phone or computer that you wish to use for the setup purpose.
- On your device go to the Wi-Fi list. There you will see your Wi-Fi booster’s default SSID showing up.
- Now, it might come up there as “Wi-Fi-Repeater-XXX”, “Wi-Fi-2.4GHz”, or “Wi-Fi-Booster-XXX”, etc. You can find this SSID on the user manual that you will receive with the product. Moreover, it will be an open network, which means it won’t require any password at first.
- So, connect to it.
IMP:- Now, this is the most important step here as most people don’t connect their phone or computer to the “Wi-Fi-XXX” SSID and straight away try to access my repeater login page”.
- So, after connecting to the default network name of your Wi-Fi repeater then only try to access the login page via the browser.
- Next, open a browser, and in the url or address bar type “myrepeater.net” and hit enter. This will take you to the login page. In case it doesn’t then try 192.168.10.1 and hit enter. If this IP is also not working then try 192.168.188.1.
- So, on the login page if it asks for a username and password then try “admin/admin” or “admin/password”.
- Next, you will need to select the network name that you want to extend. So, there you will simply need to select your router’s SSID from the list of available networks.
- Later you will need to type its password for confirmation. You can also customize the SSID and password of the Internet Booster in the later steps.
- After you save the settings the Wi-Fi booster will reboot which takes around 2 minutes and then a new Wi-Fi network will appear in your Wi-Fi list. That is your Repeater’s Network Name.
- So you can now connect your smart TV, security cameras, smart garage system, thermostat, etc to it.
What is Myrepeater Scam?
Now, it has been observed that some fake websites are pretending to be official support and trying to dupe clients for fake technician support. You all will need to be cautious about that. The one we mentioned in the article above is the only legitimate website.
Rest all are copies that you should never access. Even in case you are on one such website we recommend you to close it and try the above mentioned steps to setup your repeater. We have also mentioned another legitimate informational blogging site that will guide you with the more thorough setup steps.
Most of the Chinese brand extenders are setup using “myrepeater.net”. In case your device is not getting configured we recommend you to follow the setup given in the usermanual. You will receive the manual along with the product.