When attempting to contact your default phone number from your iPhone 13 or iPhone 14, do you often get the “Last Line No Longer Available” error?
Relax, you’re not the only one who has to cope with this continuous issue. Several iPhone 13 customers have voiced complaints over this iOS 16 problem.
Although the issue is allegedly widespread on the iPhone 13 series, it also affects certain earlier iPhone models running iOS 16 or iOS 15 as well as the newest iPhone 14 series.
As usual, we have put up a tutorial to assist you in resolving the iPhone 13 “Last Line No Longer Available” problem. So let’s start debugging and consider some workable alternatives to fix the problem!
11 Solutions For The iPhone Problem “Last Line No Longer Available” | 2023
Understanding the issue well is essential to identifying the root of the issue and potential solutions.
As a result, before learning about the various solutions to the problem, we first discussed what may be the cause of this recurrent mistake.
What Leads To The iPhone’s “Last Line No Longer Available” Problem?
The ‘Last Line No Longer Available‘ problem has been present on Apple iPhone since iOS 12 therefore it is nothing new.
iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, 12 minis, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 minis, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max have all been impacted by the problem.
The error message “Last Line No Longer Available” appears on the screen when a user attempts to contact the default line using the phone app’s recent records.
Would You Want To Make A Call On Your Remaining Line?
For those who are unaware, when you have two SIMs active on your smartphone, iOS allows you to choose your default line (phone number), which iMessage and FaceTime utilize.
Moreover, the iPhone lets you call or contact someone who isn’t listed in your Contacts app using the default line.
You may decide to utilize one line exclusively for cellular data and use the other line as your default line for calls and texts based on your requirements.
Users are unable to phone a contact using their selected SIM card due to the problem. They must thus utilize the last sentence to do it.
We’ll demonstrate how to resolve the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on an iPhone 13 or a brand-new iPhone 14.
For iPhone 13 And iPhone 14, Resolve The “Last Line No Longer Available” Error (Pro & Pro Max)
The following are the fixes that you should try to resolve this issue (Last Line No Longer Available);
1. Switch Airplane Mode On OR Off
Believe it or not, I almost always use airplane mode on my iPhone as a network troubleshooter. The majority of the time, resetting the radios resolves any network-related issues that may arise.
Therefore before attempting the other cures below, be sure to try this clever workaround.
- For iPhones without a home button, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to see the Control Center.
- Tap the airplane mode symbol to activate it.
- Tap the airplane mode symbol to switch it off and reactivate your network connection after a brief delay.
Now test contacting any contact on your iPhone using your choice SIM card to see whether the “last line no longer available” problem has been resolved.
2. Delete Your Call History
Clearing the recent call history was successful for many iPhone users who saw the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem.
While it may seem a little strange, we have found several unusual solutions that have in the past been useful in solving issues. Hence, don’t pass up this opportunity as well.
- On your iPhone, open the Phone app, choose the Recents tab at the bottom of the screen, and then hit “Edit” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- After that, tap “Clear” in the top left corner of the screen.
- To finalize the deletion, choose “Clear All” after that.
- Restart your iPhone now.
Try placing a call from the default line once your device has restarted. If the pop-up doesn’t appear, the problem has been solved.
3. Restart Your iPhone Forcibly
On your iPhone, a force restart (sometimes referred to as a hard reset) clears the cache and deletes pointless temporary files, which often solves a variety of iOS difficulties.
As a result, you need to try this clever approach as well.
- Just press the volume up button on an iPhone 8 or later.
- Then quickly press the volume down button.
- Following that, hold down the power button while waiting for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
- With an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, hold down the volume down and power buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Hold down the power and home buttons simultaneously on an iPhone 6s or earlier until the screen turns dark and the Apple logo displays.
Recommended: “LG IMS Keeps Stopping” How To Fix? 8 Fixes
4. Consider Changing SIMs
For calling reasons, iOS lets you swap between SIMs. You have the option to alter the default line you’ve specified for calls and texts.
Try using a different SIM card in your iPhone if the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem still prohibits you from making calls from the default line.
- The “i” button next to the person you wish to call will take you to your default phone number and then to a different number.
Tap the main phone number and choose the backup SIM when manually calling a number.
5. Updating Carrier Preferences
Update the carrier settings as another possible fix for the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on your iOS device.
The issue can be caused by a carrier network, in which case you can fix it by upgrading the carrier configuration on your device.
The good news is that carrier providers often make upgrades to improve the cellular network’s general functionality and eliminate sporadic problems.
- Go to General -> About in the Settings app on your iPhone.
You may now get a notification requesting that you change your carrier settings.
- After that, just click “Update” on the pop-up offer to continue.
6. Turn Off WiFi Calling
WiFi calling is a helpful tool, particularly for persons who often find themselves in locations with strong Internet service but limited phone coverage.
Unfortunately, issues like the “last line no longer available ” error message may sometimes arise with WiFi calling. You may resolve the issue by turning off WiFi calling; find out how to do it here.
- Then choose WiFi Calling under Phone in Settings.
- To turn off the function on your iPhone, turn the toggle next to “WiFi Calling” off.
As an alternative, you may also disable WiFi calling under the Mobile Data settings:
- To use WiFi calling, go to Settings -> Mobile Data.
- Toggle off WiFi calling on this iPhone by deselecting that option.
Perhaps, this will help you to solve the issue. Try some of the other options listed above if you are still unable to make calls from your main number.
7. Stop Using Auto Network Selection
The “last line no longer available” problem has been reported to happen often by users of iPhones with Network Selection set to automatic.
It’s worth a shot to try disabling this since it often resolves the problem. What you must do is as follows.
- Choose the Network option under Settings -> Mobile Data.
- Turn off the switch next to “Automatic”.
- Try to see whether you can now make calls without experiencing the issue.
If not, continue reading to discover further measures you may do to resolve the problem.
8. Take Out And Replace Your SIM
Any of the aforementioned suggestions failed to help you solve your problem? Now take out the SIM card and put it back in.
You may often solve cellular problems by using this time-tested method. Use a SIM-ejector tool to remove the SIM tray after shutting off your iPhone.
The actual SIM card should now be reinserted after a little delay.
Next, to turn on your device, press and hold the power button. Now try making a call on your iPhone’s default line to check if you still get the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem message.
9. Reset Network Configuration
Resetting the network settings to factory default is the one trick I always attempt when I encounter a network-related problem.
As the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ problem also seems to be related to the e-SIM, we advise you to try this technique out as well.
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings in the Settings app.
- Enter your device passcode now, then choose “Reset Network Settings” once again in the pop-up to be sure you want to do it.
10. Reset All Configurations
Sometimes straightforward fixes for common iOS problems don’t work, restarting the device from scratch and wiping all of the previous settings may help.
Hence, in order to solve the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on your iPhone, we advise you to try this method next.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
- Enter your smartphone passcode now, and then hit “Reset All Settings” one more time to complete.
11. Upgrade Software
The bulk of iOS versions nowadays contains a number of problems. Although some bugs are corrected in later versions, many others—especially the less noticeable ones—remain unfixed for a very long period.
In addition, there are a few flaws that sometimes appear. In the article linked, we listed some of the most typical iOS 15 issues and their fixes.
Although seems negative about Apple’s mobile OS, this is the sad truth.
It’s possible that a problem is to blame if you continue to see the error while dialing the default line. So, fixing the issue can include upgrading the program.
Install the most recent version of iOS by going to the Settings app on your iPhone, General, and Software Update.
Fix the “Last Line No Longer Available” Problem In iOS 15 And iOS 16
In order to fix the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on your iPhone 14, iPhone 13, or an earlier iPhone model, these are pretty much the only techniques available.
As we have said, the issue is probably network-related. Thus, advice like upgrading carrier settings or resetting the network settings is more likely to address the issue.
Whatever repair you used to resolve the “Last Line No Longer Available” problem on your iPhone, please let me know.
Moreover, please share any other fixes you find to solve this unpleasant problem in the comments below.
Hope this article “Last Line No Longer Available“. and we hope that this information will work for you. If you really enjoy the article, don’t forget to share Multiplextimes.com with your friends. Thanks!
How To Resolve the Last Line Not Available Issue Apple 13?
The error message “Last Line No Longer Available” may be seen by iPhone 13 users.
Some typical solutions to this issue include;
Moving between SIM cards, changing carrier settings for your network, restarting the iPhone, resetting the device, and restoring from a backup.
Enabling or deactivating WiFi calling. Clearing the recent call record.
How To Fix The Dual-SIM iPhone Functionality?
You can see the “Last Line No Longer Available” issue if you’ve been using an iPhone with two distinct SIM cards. Try these steps to solve the problem:
1) Ensure that both of your SIM cards are correctly and registered placed into the phone.
The phone won’t be able to utilize a card effectively if one of them is not properly inserted or if it is not registered.
2) Check both devices’ cellular data settings to see if it fixes the issue.
If one device’s Airplane Mode is interfering with the signal of the other, you may also need to disable it.
3) Turn off iMessage on both devices by heading to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive on each device, then turn off iMessage for each account individually (you won’t be able to send messages while they’re turned off).
After you’ve confirmed that Step 2 really disabled all messages from both accounts, re-enable iMessage.
4) If turning off your phone’s cellular data and using Airplane Mode doesn’t help, try restoring it to its default settings.
You should first make a backup of any crucial files since doing this would wipe all of your data and settings.
Try the instructions in this post once again to see whether they work after you’ve reset your phone.
5) You may need to take your phone to an Apple shop for assistance if none of these fixes work.
Why Is The Last Line No Longer Available? Pop up?
Wi-Fi Calling may be used to make and receive phone calls if your cellular coverage is poor, however, it may also result in conflicts and return the “Last Line No Longer Available” message.
By heading to Settings > Cellular > Wi-Fi Calling, you may resolve this. Next, turn it off.
Instead, you could try upgrading your carrier settings or deactivating Automatic Network Selection.
How Do eSIMs Work?
A virtual SIM card called an “eSIM” enables you to utilize any carrier for your mobile device.
These are sometimes referred to as global embedded SIM (GES) cards or universal SIM cards.
With an eSIM, you may always use the most recent version of the app and take use of all the benefits of your current plan without any limitations or obligations if you decide to switch service providers in the future.